11 ways to weave neutrals into your current scheme
When it comes to shape, contrast and introducing coveted pieces to your existing décor, neutrals always seem to have the edge for a natural aesthetic.
Those classic creams, woven textures, warm beiges and natural woods chime with a casual, chilled-out, easy-going vibe – especially when they’re blended with sage green (the new grey) to beautify your bolthole.
Here’s what’s new in-store and piquing our interest….
1. Scallop Dinner Plates, £3.50 each; Scallop Side Plates, £2.50 each; Scallop Cereal Bowls, £2.50 each; Woven Placemats – Cream, £6 (2pk); Boho 3-Dip Serve Stick, £6; Floral Cake Stand, £8; all B&M in-store
This scalloped serveware is the perfect building block for your neutral tablescape, especially mixed with blush tones, woven placemats and sprays of baby’s breath.
2. Jasmine Green Wine Glasses, Set of Four, £24.50, Oliver Bonas
Imagine your favourite ‘green’ grape, such as a crisp sauvignon blanc, served in these trendy glass goblets, for a spring refresh and summer soirées.
3. George Home Green Textured Vase, £12 (left), other items from a selection, Direct.asda
This modish artisan vase makes its mark in matt, chalky green.
4. Maize Geometric Storage Basket (25cm x 20cm), £14.50, Matalan
Just in case you missed the memo, small storage baskets are the new go-to for holding succulents and cacti, along with rustic loaves and linens.
5. Elswyth Stools (from left, Bishop Stool, Pawn Stool and Knight Stool), currently £119 each (was £149 each), Barker and Stonehouse
Crafted from solid teak, these Scandi-style stools modelled on chess pieces will certainly up your décor game.
6. Sophie Allport Olive Stoneware Small Side Plate, £11.50; Olive Stoneware Nibbles Bowl, £11.50; Olive Linen Placemat, Set of 2, £32; Olive Linen Napkins, Set of 4, £33; other items from a selection, Sophie Allport
Nature’s favourite hue feels very much at home when olive-printed stoneware is styled with fresh – or faux – olive branches in clear vases for an up-to-date palette.
7. Tennessee Armchair, Veneto Cognac, currently £799 (was £1,109), Barker and Stonehouse
Visually appealing and a real statement piece, this accent leather armchair in rich espresso will lend your living or snug room a warm welcome.
8. Silhouette Ceramic Vase, Set of 3, £18, Next
Body vases are all the rage and we can’t wait to get our hands on these sexy silhouettes for a #shelfie statement.
9. Flores Bed Linen Collection: Oxford Pillowcase with Border, from £35 (Single); Duvet Cover, from £140 (Double); Deep Fitted Sheet, from £110 (Double); The White Company
With a subtle monochrome stripe, this beautiful bedding in a cotton-hemp blend comes with the promise of lightweight, breathable linen.
10. Amina Natural Rattan Table Lamp – Natural, currently £16.99 (was £29.99), The Range
With rattan enjoying a moment in the sun, you can’t go wrong with this sculpted rattan base, which lets the light filter through as well as streaming a soft glow.
11. Set of 3 Woven Bowls Wall Art, £38, Next
An instant style-fix for bare walls that need dressing up, and much easier to hang than a heavy canvas or frame. Nordic, natural and very nice.
The best videos delivered daily
Watch the stories that matter, right from your inbox