Justin Bieber files lawsuits over two sexual assault accusations
Justin Bieber has filed a lawsuit against the two women who accused him of sexual assault.
A pair of Twitter accounts alleged last week that the pop star had carried out the assaults in 2014 and 2015.
One of the women, known only as Danielle, said she was assaulted by the pop star at a Four Seasons hotel in Austin, Texas in March 2014.
The other woman, Kadi, alleged the 26-year-old assaulted her in May 2015 in a New York hotel.
But Bieber quickly shut down the claims on Twitter and insisted he would be taking legal action.
He said: "Every claim of sexual abuse should be taken very seriously and this is why my response was needed.
"However this story is factually impossible and that is why I will be working with twitter and authorities to take legal action."
Bieber also shared screenshots of articles from the day when Danielle was alleging the assault took place which show him with his ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez.
And now the suit, which is for $20 million (£16.2m), has been filed in Los Angeles.
The lawsuit, obtained by CNN, read: "Danielle fabricated her sexual encounter with Bieber at the Four Seasons Hotel because it was publicly reported that Bieber had dinner at the Four Seasons Restaurant on March 10, 2014 and presumed that Bieber was at the hotel because of the public reports of him dining at the restaurant.
"However, even though Bieber went to the restaurant, he did NOT stay at the Four Seasons Hotel."
It then went on to add: "(The women were) trying to capitalize on the climate of fear permeating the entertainment industry, Hollywood and corporate America, whereby it is open season for anyone to make any claim (no matter how vile, unsupported, and provably false) about anyone without consequence."
The best videos delivered daily
Watch the stories that matter, right from your inbox